[Incubation] Black Ryder Rickshaw Stop / SFPOPFEST bonanza

the happy one the at atmyheels.com
Fri Jun 17 01:57:07 PDT 2011

Put up our recording of Aussie band (relocated to LA) The Black Ryder whom
we really like, they're on Mexican Summer along with Tamaryn/Weekend/Best
Coast, etc... you can grab it from my latest AMH posting:

http://www.atmyheels.com/2011/06/black-ryder-2011-05-25-rickshaw-shop-sf.html

Other vids put up by POPFEST....I want to say we managed to catch all of
these groups...but not even close, so I was pleased to discover that the
mini-film crew we saw at these shows has been upping videos (all shot in
black and white) to YouTube.

One of Tomzero's favorite groups is Brilliant Colors, who have put out a
single on Captured Tracks...I'm sorta bummed we couldn't make their
performance, as their tracks sound really good.

Brilliant Colors - Over There
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs0BjKm5UBM

Brilliant Colors - Value Lines
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbhcRA_FWyk

Brilliant Colors - Walk Into the World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0abZojgay4

Brilliant Colors - I Searched
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7jHoXqn0qI

Here's videos from the show we did go to...the vocalist from Eternal Summers
had a bad cold so they had to abbreviate their set...an the subject of my
next AMH post...

Seapony - Dreaming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCFY9WbyDRQ

Catwalk - 'Feel Again' (unreleased, appearing on upcoming album)...the
guitar line reminds me of "Wildflowers" by Abecedarians...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL6CRfEwmjY

The Beets - Watching T.V.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak90snQ-9bE

Eternal Summers - Pogo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWEiSC_-xxA

Eternal Summers - Dye
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iCYygR7uu4

Eternal Summers - Dark Surf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTCbKH-9v3Q

Some other groups favored by Part Time Punks that are well worth checking
out who played SFPOPFEST

Melted Toys - factoryesque-song which I still don't know the title to!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhFBH0TgX-s

Melted Toys - another new one that's really good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uRN8Mgj1Q4

Melted Toys - Come On  [absolutely brilliant song!]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb8b93Y85L8   (deathcab29 version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR8fT0X533w   (Ericdrum11 version)

Neverever - Blue Genes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShncJwo-Z-0

Neverever - Here Is Always Something Else
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urHIVjNEE-U<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urHIVjNEE-U&>

Sweater Girls - Pretty When You Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjdnJQ4MODs

Sweater Girls - Soundcheck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mNKn8wam64

Sea Lions - You Should Be Asleep  (heard really good things about these
guys!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0DRn228LgY

Terry Malts - Tumble Down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5bDD3Dtt5U

I'm getting ahead of myself, but I was shocked to see video of the recent
Terry Malts show we went to at the Knockout last week (6/2), which is a
difficult place to film in, but at some point I'll be putting up our blend
of their performance and opening acts Permament Collection and Melted
Toys....

Terry Malts - Tumble Down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuQ46BH0bUU

--Sam