[Incubation] The Mallard audio and complete video upped...

the happy one the at atmyheels.com
Wed Apr 18 15:54:35 PDT 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwpEZe-i4Vo

The Mallard
2012-04-07
Adobe Books Benefit
The Lab SF

Setlist

soundchecking 0:00 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwpEZe-i4Vo#>
Over & Under 6:39 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwpEZe-i4Vo#>
Candy For Brains 9:47 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwpEZe-i4Vo#>
Mansion 13:02 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwpEZe-i4Vo#>
You Got The Critics 16:21 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwpEZe-i4Vo#>
Shallows 18:48 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwpEZe-i4Vo#>
I Listen To Lyrics Last (8282)
22:29<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwpEZe-i4Vo#>
Fog 26:39 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwpEZe-i4Vo#>
Vines 29:52 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwpEZe-i4Vo#>

Soundchecking through 'Mansion' recorded on Cisco Flip HD (720p). 'You Got
The Critics' through 'Vines' recording on iPhone 4S (1080p). There are a
couple interruptions in the iPhone recording (during 'Shallows' and '8282')
that I've patched over with still images taken by my son Alex. I
concurrently recorded audio with my Church cards into my Olympus recorder,
which I've blended into the video to provide a clearer stereophonic than
what you'd normally get with the built-in mics on these.

I'll share bcingyou's review of their March Pappy's Pioneertown show, as
it's true for the Adobe effort.

"Yes, front woman Greer McGettrick is highly influenced by Thee Oh Sees and
The Intelligence but she puts her own quirky spin on song structure that is
fun and refreshing. I think both bassist and stand-up drummer are named
Dylan and they compliment Greer's stance making a unique off-kilter trio.
Drummer Dylan adds interesting backing vocal sounds, is fun to watch and
flourishes quite a bit more standing up than most conventional
percussionists. Bassist Dylan is equally a joy to watch as she grooves with
her whole body sliding up and down the neck of her instrument. This band is
not to be missed and I for one will keep a keen eye and ear open to
whatever they do next."

You should too.

By the way, the live version here of '8282', with drummer Dylan
Tidyman-Jones' melodica intro, is simply wonderful.

---

Also have the audio up on the tracker here:
http://incubation.atmyheels.com/torrents-details.php?id=75

As well as Sonny & the Sunsets:
http://incubation.atmyheels.com/torrents-details.php?id=74

--Sam