[Incubation] At My Heels - Wax Idols / Tamaryn / Fresh & Onlys Great American show upped

the happy one the at atmyheels.com
Thu Oct 13 13:22:18 PDT 2011

For your listening and enjoyment...and courtesy of a "day off"...here you
go:

http://www.atmyheels.com/2011/10/fresh-and-onlys-tamaryn-wax-idols-2011.html

Download this to hear the Tamaryn set, as they were amazingly good, if
you're any sort of fan of darkwave music, this is right up your alley.
There's a few new ones on here, too.

If I say any more about Wax Idols, you'll kill me...so I won't.  Todd at
Hozac (their label) linked to my 'Dead Like You' video in his email update,
which was really cool of him, though it didn't really spike up the view
count.

Fresh & Onlys were pretty good, the one criticism I have of them is that
their dreary-sounding psych-garage-country blend isn't quite up my alley,
and unlike the other two groups, they have little physical allure....but
they do have some really good songs, like 'Waterfall' or 'Peacock and
Wing'...they stil have not lived down the blogosphere's rage at their "Be My
Hooker", which they didn't perform, sadly.

--Sam